Feeling Unfocused

A few times a week I open my computer and start typing, just as I am right now.  The whole purpose is to gauge what I am feeling at the moment and what is important to me that day.  Some days I feel strongly about things, but days like today are the opposite.  I feel like I can't take the time or energy to focus on anything at all.

I haven't been sleeping well because I haven't been exercising very much.  Easy to fix, right? Lace up my shoes and put on a workout video, go to yoga or run outside.  But I don't want to.

I would probably feel better if my clothes fit a little better.  I should be eating less, or at least a lot more fruits and vegetables.  I should be drinking way more water.  But I don't want to.

My house is never clean enough.  I feel like I am always wiping and vacuuming but I have three small people hell bent on undoing any progress I make.  I should probably be dusting right now instead of typing.  But I don't want to.

I need to clean up the yard outside.  I need to read my kids more books, maybe do some crafts with them.  I should make some banana muffins for the week, organize the playroom or clean the windows.  I should organize and pay some bills, maybe look into our expenses from last month.  But I don't want to.

What do I want to do then? I guess I have no idea.  Maybe cook some yummy food and have someone else do the dishes.  If they could absorb the calories too, that would be great.  Maybe play outside with my kids where they all get along, no one is cold and there is an activity that suits everyone at the same time.  Maybe read a new book on a vacation on a beach somewhere with my husband, but this must all be free and take no preparation on my part.

Sigh, alas this is not reality.  And I also know that activity breeds motivation so I will take a cue from Nike and "Just Do It!" Wish me luck....

Thoughts of the day....

Comments

Popular Posts