Farrell's Week One!

I joined the FXB 10 Week challenge and just completed my first week. I joined kind of on a whim for several reasons:

-  I was working out and not seeing any changes
-  I wasn't pushing myself to do more
-  My diet was kind of a mess and I was pretending it wasn't
-  I needed to do something for myself amidst the summer rush that revolves so much around the kids

So, on a Thursday I signed up for a 10 week program that started on Saturday!  It consists of working out 6 days a week for 45 minutes each time. Three times a week is cardio kickboxing and the other three are resistance training using bands.  It switches off lower body and upper body.

In addition, in order to see results, it's important to follow some sort of a meal plan.  They suggest six meals a day, and counting protein and carbs within those meals based on your weight.  Any other time I've dieted I've counted calories so this felt like a bit of a departure, but I have decided to try it and see if I can be successful without counting calories. In addition, drinking tons of water is important and you get one free day a week.

I was not worried about being able to get through the workouts or being able to figure out what to eat.  My only concerns were the consistency and having to stick with something for such a long period of time.  I anticipate that I will get bored or burned out, or feel like I am depriving myself, and I am historically not good at coping with those feelings.  That is actually one reason I signed up - to prove to myself that I could do it!

I'm hoping that I can lose the last few pounds that have hung around since Claire and fit comfortably into my clothes. I also hope I overall feel more energized and healthy with the good changes to my diet!

So - one week in -how is it going? Overall, great.  I haven't minded getting up each morning to go workout which is shocking because I never thought I'd like morning workouts. I have a lot of energy and don't feel so many swings in my blood sugar because I'm eating better foods.  I do miss certain foods that I've been trying to avoid, but mostly I miss being able to put whatever I want in my mouth without having to count. That is the point though, so I am taking it as a lesson.

I also realized how often I am at social events or other things where food and drink is outside of a normal meal at home.  I was traveling two days this past week and am traveling more in the weeks to come, so it is a good test to see if I can keep up good habits when I am not at home. 

Overall we are off to a good start!  I am hopeful I can keep at it and see some positive results!

Thoughts of the day...

Comments

Popular Posts